7/21/11

Aunt Rita's Blueberry Muffins

I didn't actually make these.  My mom and Chick did.  And then Chick figured out the points.  All I did was show up and take a picture of it.  And I didn't even take a good picture of it.  My mom was the one that suggested that I put the muffin on a cute little china plate.  She's into my food photography.  Which I completely appreciate. 

Anywho.  While I didn't actually make these, I have had them.  And they are lovely.  Just a basic blueberry muffin.  Probably wouldn't be enough to keep you full on it's own for, say, breakfast.  But I'm sure it would rock either paired with something more filling OR to cure the need for something sweet. 

And you may be wondering who Aunt Rita is.  She is my mother's cousin's mother.  Or she's my mother's mother's sister.  Or she's my cousin-in-law's grandmother-in-law. 

Or she's my Great Aunt.  And she's great, let me tell you.  Makes the best rolls and dressing ever.  I know these may be considered fighting words to some of you, but they are true words.  I keep saying this, and I need to stop talking about it and actually do it, but I want to spend some time with her soon to learn her tricks.  Anyone up for a trip to Utica?


Oh one more thing, I typed this recipe out as my mom was giving me the instructions to the recipe.  Just an FYI, in case it sounds like crazy talk...

Aunt Rita's Blueberry Muffins

1/2 cup of butter
1 cup of sugar
2 eggs
2 cups of flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup of whole milk
2 1/2 cups of blueberries (can be frozen, don't even have to thaw them)

Preheat oven to 350. 

Soften the butter to room tempreture.  Cream together the butter and sugar.  Add eggs, one at a time. 

In a seperate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. 

Measure out milk, add vanilla to milk.  Combine.

Add dry ingredients alternately with liquid to sugar and butter, combine.  Fold in blueberries GENTLY.  Mom said that several times.

Divide muffins evenly among 16 paper lined tins.  They aren't giant, which helps.  Again, mom talking.  Love her. 

Bake 20 - 25 minutes or until done.  Check it, in case your oven cooks hot.  Like Mom's does

Serving size 1 muffin
Points plus 5

If you're feeling really sassy, spran-kle some suger on the tops of these before cooking.  It's a nice touch.   

3 comments:

  1. We are less than an hour from Utica now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, wait, no we're not! You meant Utica MISSISSIPPI...I was thinking NY. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what I would do for one of those blueberry muffins! I'm down for a trip to wonderful Utica... it's just going to have to wait a year or so. And have you ever had her cheeseburgers!? They are right up there with the dressing and rolls. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete