7/11/11

Egg-cellent (Egg Salad Sandwiches)

I would eat egg salad sandwiches every day for the rest of my life if it didn't mean that I would have to peel eggs everyday for the rest of my life. 


They (the egg-sperts) (ok, I'll stop) say that eggs should be a little on the older side before you hard boil and peel them.  One site I checked out said that eggs should be like two weeks old.  If I were to follow that rule, I would have had egg salad sandwiches two weeks from now.  But I didn't want them two weeks from now, I wanted them NOW.  'Cause I'm spoiled like that. 

My egg peeling was kind of a disaster.  I chipped off tiny pieces for a lot of minutes until I got them all peeled.  I hope you have more luck. 


Egg Salad Sandwiches
adapted from Danica's Daily

3 hard boiled eggs, chopped up
3 hard boiled egg whites, chopped up
3 tbl light mayo
3 tsp dijon mustard
salt and pepper to taste

Combine all of the ingredients.  Serve on whole wheat bread (adjust points for bread).

Serving size 1/2 cup (makes three servings)
Points plus 3

1 comment:

  1. If you take the pan off the stove and pour out the hot water and fill the pan with cool tap water, wait a few min until the eggs are cool enough to touch on the surface and handle (they can still be warm on the inside), they peel super easy in large pieces and don't chip! If you are really impatient (as I am!) throw some ice in the water and within a min peel them! :) Then you can have your egg salad quicker!

    ReplyDelete