7/12/11

Goodies from Jackson (Dijon Boneless Pork Chops)

This was an example of a "Honey get the cooler, we goin' to Jackson" meal.  Oh, you don't know what this means?  You obviously live in a town with a multiple grocery store options.  My love for Greenwood is great; but I've shared on here before about how I long for, at least, a Kroger.  And I just tried really hard to figure out a way to word this that left out the "but" after the "My love for greenwood is great." That "but" negated the statement.

Anyway.  If I travel to somewhere with a good grocery I'll usually pack a cooler in the trunk, just in case I want to come home with some goodies.  This last trip, it was pork chops.  And maybe some yogurt pretzels.  And maybe some pasta salad.  Brandon really had his heart on the veal chop.  I gently told him that it would be really sad for him to spend that much money on meat just to have me overcook it.  I'm bad to over cook meat as Trichinosis is one of my biggest fears.  Stay away from meals including walrus, kids. 

So yes, it was a bit overcooked, but still good.  Mine was the lean boneless chop, Brandon's is the bigger, much more manly slab of meat. 


Dijon Boneless Pork Chops
adapted from WW Online

2 lean boneless pork chops
3 tbl Dijon mustard
3 tbl sugar
1 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
cooking spray
1/4 cup water

Combine the mustard, sugar, vinegar, and red pepper flakes in a small bowl. 

Top each piece of pork with 1 tbl of the mixture.  Turn the pork to coat.  Let sit for 15 minutes. 

Heat a large pan sprayed with cooking spray over medium high heat.  Add the pork, cook for about eight minutes.  Flip the pork over, top with the remaining sauce.  Cook for about four minutes or until just about done.  Add the water to the pan, stir it around and flip the pork over a few times to coat.  Let cook for another 2 minutes, stirring the sauce occasionally to thicken it up. 

Remove the pork and top it with the remaining sauce.

Serving size 1 pork chop (makes two servings)
Points plus 6

No comments:

Post a Comment