7/19/11

Ham Cheese and Hummus Sandwich

I love a festive sandwich.  Especially on the weekend.  I have to pack my lunch every single day.  More times than not, it's a turkey sandwich.  Sooooo if having a sandwich on the weekend,  you can bet your bottom dollar that it's going to be festive. 

What's more festive than hummus?  Not to much.  Not to much at all.  Especially roasted red pepper hummus.  Lindsey and I once ate an entire container in probably 3 minutes.  Not my proudest moment, but it's just that festive. 

Ham, Cheese and Hummus Sandwich
adapted from Dashing Dish

1 light wheat Flat Out sandwich wrap
2 tbl reduced fat mozzarella cheese
3 slices of thin deli ham
2 thin slices of tomato
a few slices of purple onions
1 tbl roasted red pepper hummus

Heat large skillet over medium high heat; spray it with cooking spray. 

Lay the wrap out flat.  Sprinkle cheese on half of it.  Top it with ham, then tomato, then onions.  On the other side of the wrap, spread the hummus in a thin layer. 

Put the wrap in the skillet.  Flip it around a few times to heat it through and get everything melted.

Cut into two cute pieces.

Serving size the whole thing
Points Plus 5

Interesting fact...I made one of these Monday morning before work.  I assembled it, heated it up, and wrapped it in foil.  I microwaved it and had it for lunch at work....smashing success. 

1 comment:

  1. (a) your new camera makes me want to eat everything you cook. will it make me look as good in photos as it makes your food look? Lets hope so....

    (b) Just yesterday, I ate an entire container of hummus in one sitting. And then even shared some over cocktails later in the day. And I'd be lying if I said that's the only time I've done it since the debauchery you mentioned in your post.....

    ReplyDelete