7/18/11

An Old Favorite (Shannon's (Not Peggy's) Pork Tenderloin)

**** I've made a mistake.  This is not "Peggy's Pork Tenderloin." The recipe, in fact, belongs to one of my sister's friends and co-workers, Shannon.  Sorry, Shannon!  And thanks for the sharing the recipe. 

And why did I believe this one was my mom's?  Are all of my childhood (food) memories imagined?  Again, I swear that 3 casseroles in one night meal happened.  Chick, Jen...back me up! 

I'm not changing the original post because I'm lazy. Aaaand I just realized that I didn't spell check this orignial post!  What's wrong with me!  Blogging train wreck, I tell 'ya.   

I'm kind of on pork tenderloin overload.  What can I say?  It's easy, requires minimal effort, and tastes good. 

On this particular night, it was a nice little throwback to 'ole Peggy (my mom).  She made this one a lot (right?) but she would wrap it in bacon.  It was the 80s/90s.  We were eating like maniacs.  Casseroles were plentiful, as was the white bread.  I think I've written about the time that we had poppy seed chicken casserole, shoe peg corn casserole, and green bean casserole in the same night? 

That happened.  I swear it did. 

But this recipe is not bad.  Not bad at all.  I mean it's got butta' in it and it's still not bad.  Point wise.  Taste wise it's awesome.  And now that I think about it...this might not be the one that my mom used to make?  Regardless, you should try it.   


Peggy's Shannon's Pork Tenderloin

1 pork tenderloin (about 24 oz)
2 tbl flour
1 1/2 tbl butter (melted)
1 tbl Montreal steak seasoning
1 tsp Dijon mustard

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. 

Combine the flour, butter, steak seasoning, and Dijon mustard in a small bone.  Rub this mixture all over the pork.  Be sure to take your rings off.  Ewww.  Pork in your ring is gross. 

Bake for about 45 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 160. 

Remove from the oven and let it rest for about five minutes.  Slice into four equal sections, slice those sections into smaller slices. 

Serving size 1/4 of tenderloin
Points plus 6

No comments:

Post a Comment