7/5/11

Rocky and Ramblings (Hot Dog and Veggie Grilled Cheese Sandwich)

Hot dog haters, go on.  Come on back tomorrow. 

Hot dog lovers, kick back and get comfy. 

As I type this, Rocky III is playing in the background.  Brandon has been playing air guitar while singing Eye of the Tiger for more than a minute.  I've even googled Rocky punching bags, making the promise to my future mister that if we are blessed with children, they will have the same one that he had as a kid. 

Childhood memories abound.   

It's only fitting that today's recipe is one for a grilled cheese WITH a hot dog stuffed inside of it.  Stop.  Or don't stop.  Whatever. 

The recipe idea came from the blog Grilled Cheese Social.  This girl is doing all kinds of awesome stuff with a grilled cheese, slathering it up with butter and stuffing it with all kinds of goodness.  When I check out this blog I can't help but poke my lower lip out and wish I had even the slightest shred of self control when it comes to food.  But alas, I don't, so I must trek on with the counting of the points.  

This one was pretty easy to adapt to be WW friendly.  I mean it's probably better with like real live cheese and Texas toast and real butter, but my version aint to shabby. 


Hot Dog and Veggie Grilled Cheese Sandwich
adapted from Grilled Cheese Social

spray butter
2 slices of light wheat bread
1 light hot dog, cut in half and then sliced lengthwise
2 slices of Kraft reduced fat cheese
1 thin slice of a fresh tomato
4 thin slices of cucumber
a few thin slices of a purple onion
a dash of rice wine vinegar
salt and pepper

Heat a medium pan over medium high heat.  Layer the sandwich as follows:

bread > cheese > veggies > hot dog > cheese > bread

Put butter on the bread, grill as you would a normal grilled cheese.  Mind the flipping part...things got a little crazy when I was flipping mine. 

Cut the sandwich in half. 

Serving size whole sandwich
Points plus 6

1 comment:

  1. Served Hebrew National 97% fat free dogs at the pool on Sunday. No leftovers! very sad. Very good light weiner!

    ReplyDelete