7/27/11

Soulds and Should Nots (Summer Garden Pasta)

There are things that I should do.  Or, shouldn't do rather.  I should east less carbs.  I should save more money.  I should not have cheese puffs and a peach and consider it a healthy snack.  I should wash my face before I go to bed way more regularly.  I shouldn't rob herb gardens that are situated so close to the police station.  I should stop wearing scrubs to work.  Hey there, slouchy sister! 

But I'm not going to should all over myself today.  Instead, I'm going to celebrate Ina Garten.
 
Oh, Ina.  You sure can make  lovely summer meal.  The ingredients are simple and the taste is fresh.  A welcome meal in this sweltering heat. Thanks, girl. 


Summer Garden Pasta
adapted from Barefoot Contessa via Danica's Daily

4 cups of grape tomatoes, halved
2 tbl olive oil
1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
3 cloves of garlic, chopped
9 large basil leaves, julienned
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
6 oz dried angel hair pasta
1/4 cup grated Parmesan

In  large bowl, combine the tomatoes, olive oil, white balsamic, garlic, basil, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper.  Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it sit at room temperature for about four hours.

Just before you're ready to serve, cook the pasta according to the package direction.  Drain well and add to the tomatoes.  Add the cheese, stir everything up to combine. 

Serving size 1 cup (makes 6 servings)
Points plus 5

No comments:

Post a Comment