8/22/11

Heavenly Boxes (Mexican Pork Tenderloin)

I spent a better part of yesterday dealing with this hot mess, train wreck box situation. 

Who knew one could have so much stuff in such a small space?  I've been throwing things away like a mad woman.  Pretty sure I've thrown away some pretty important stuff but like I said, I'm a mad woman.


On a brighter note, the boxes in this picture almost look heavenly, with the light shining all around them.  It's almost like they were taunting me saying "look how pretty we are!   Do not be overwhelmed by us!"  But then in reality they are heavy and unorganized and going to a house that doesn't yet have air conditioning.  Ughhhhh. But i will have a positive attitude and I will prevail. 

They are full of all of my things, including my pots and pans and baking dishes. This means that there's going to be minimal no cooking going down this week. I am, however, going to work to stick to the points counting even though there will be a lot of random food being eaten.  Anyone have any fast food / restaurant suggestions that aren't to horrid on the points / diet?  Your suggestions, as always, are greatly appreciated.   

I'll leave you with one final recipe.  It's one that was shared by my sister and it's pretty awesome.  But let's be honest, if you put "crock pot" and "taco seasoning" anywhere in the same recipe, I'm sold on the spot.

Mexican Pork Tenderloin

1.91 lb lean pork tenderloin (that's just what size mine was and the size that these point calculations are based on)
1 large jar of salsa
1 package of taco seasoning
1 can of black beans (do not drain)

Place the pork tenderloin in the crock pot, cover it with taco seasoning.  Add the salsa and the black beans.  Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4. 

Once cooking is completed, shred it with two forks. 

Serving size 1/3 cup (makes about 15 servings)
Points plus 3

I wrapped this up in a 2 point plus tortilla and topped it with some reduced fat cheese.  Go on with your bad self, awesome pork taco!  It would also go well over rice or as a sandwich. 

No comments:

Post a Comment