8/10/11

Kind of Armenian Rice and My Triumphant Return to Blogging

I knew I couldn't stay away.  I was just tired when I said I was going to take a recipe trying break.  Kind of the story of my life.  I get tired, claim I'm going to retreat, get bored retreating, and go back to doing whatever it was I was doing.  It will happen 756 more times during the life of this blog so just get used to it.    

So today's meal is one that I lifted from the always delightful Literally a Spoonful blog.  That one never disappoints, guys.  Go on over there if you haven't already and check it out.  My favorite thing about this meal?  All I had to pick up for it was the onion, the bell pepper, and the chicken broth.  And it's basically pasta, rice, butter and onions. Love it!  I aint afraid of no carb.  Even though I don't really know what one is...


Kind of Armenian Rice
adapted from Literally a Spoonful

3 tbl butter
2 cups of fat free chicken broth
4 oz of broken up angel hair pasta
1/2 cup of brown rice (uncooked)
1 onion, chopped
1 bell pepper, chopped 

Preheat oven to 350.  Place a small(ish) baking dish in the oven with the butter in it and allow the butter to melt. Remove from the oven. 

Add the chicken broth, stir.  Add the rest of the ingredients.  Stir, making sure that the pasta and the rice are smushed down under the liquid.  

Bake for about 40 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed. 

Serving size 1 cup (makes about 4 servings)
Points plus 8****

The points are less if you use wheat pasta...you can have one cup for seven points plus.  Howeva...I  had angel hair so that's what I went with!  

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you didn't stay away for too long! I go through the same cycles of retreating and then un-retreating.

    Thanks for the shout out. I'm thrilled that you liked the recipe.

    ReplyDelete