8/3/11

Neon Taco Salad

I tried this thing Monday where I decided I wasn't going to eat any carbohydrates.  This worked well until I realized half way through the day that I had no idea what a carbohydrate was.  Like no idea.  I mean I get that it's bread, pasta, and french fries; what about hot dogs?  Peanut butter?  I have no idea. 

But before there was carb confusion, there were good thought processes.  It went something like this. 

Oooooooo I want tacos tonight!  But dang, I've given up carbs for two days since I ate something called "Mexican Garbage" over the weekend.  But wait!  What about taco bowls!  Or taco salads!  Oh the possibilities!  Score!

Yes, that's a day in the life of my head. 

So from this thought process was born dinner.  A taco salad using the taco meat featured in this post.  And not just any taco salad...it's a neon taco salad.  I feel like taking pictures in fake light is something that will never make sense to me.



Taco Salad

1/2 cup of taco meat
1 cup of lettuce
1/4 cup of chopped tomato
1/4 cup of corn
2 tbl shredded cheese (reduced fat)
1 tbl guacamole
1 tbl light sour cream
1 tbl salsa

Layer all ingredients together in a large bowl.  Sing lalalalalala bamba. 

Serving size whole salad
Points plus 7

No comments:

Post a Comment