8/18/11

Pasta with Olive Oil and Parm

It's been a busy week.  And it's going to be a busy next week.  You see, I'm moving soon.  Just accross the neighorhood, but a move is a move.  

And a move stinks.  Well...let me rephrase.  Packing things and physically moving things stinks. The rest of it is pretty cool.   

One of the things I've been trying to do over the last few weeks is eat down the house.  This means buying minimal food and trying to eat what I already have. It's actually worked out ok thus far but there have been some scary moments.   

My plan for Tuesday night's dinner was some whole wheat pasta and jarred sauce.  This plan was thwarted when I opened the jar and found that there was a small ring of what appeared to be hair at the opening of the jar.  

Hope you're not eating right now.  If so, sorry.  

Sooooo I switched gears, thought fast, and came up with this little dish.   

No, it's not just pasta.  There's some cheese and some olive oil in there.

I give it two thumbs up.  Next time, I would reduce the amount of oil down by half but it was good none the less.  

Pasta with Olive Oil and Parm

3/4 cup of whole wheat pasta
salt and pepper
1 tbl olive oil
1 tbl Parmesan cheese

Cook pasta.  Drain, put it in a bowl.  Add the olive oil, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.  Combine.  Enjoy. 

Makes one serving
Points plus 12 

No comments:

Post a Comment