8/11/11

Rainy Morning (Balsamic Garlic Pork Tenderloin)

On an average morning, I'm usually lacing up my tennies and hitting the pavement for a morning walk.  However, the severe storm going on outside my window is preventing that.  So instead of walking, I'll blog about pork tenderloin. 

Any regular reader knows that I'm a fan of the PT.  It doesn't freak me out as much as chicken and it's a step up from ground beef.  It's also a favorite of the future mister so really, every one wins. 

If you follow the Pinterest you've probably seen this one floating around. And no wonder, it was quite delish. 

Unfortunately, I didn't quite get the cooking time right so I had to banish it back to the oven for a bit.  Thank goodness for bananas.  I was starving.... 


When it was finally done, it was paired with some greens and placed on a Christmas plate.  Sometimes, that's how supper goes down around here....


Balsamic Garlic Pork Tenderloin

3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbl balsamic vinegar
1 1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tbl olive oil
24 oz lean pork tenderloin
1 tbl canola oil

Pre heat the oven to 400 degrees. 

Combine the garlic, vinegar, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Pour this mixture over the pork tenderloin, rub it in real good. 

Heat 1 tbl of canola oil over medium high heat in a heavy pan.  Brown the tenderloin on all sides, about four minutes.  Transfer the pork to a baking dish.  Pour the juices in the dish first.  

Cook, rotating occasionally, until the internal temp reaches 160...mine took about 40 minutes.  If you have one of those pans that can go from stove top to oven, use that.  I don't so I didn't.  

Serving size 1/4 of tenderloin
Points plus 7 

No comments:

Post a Comment