8/4/11

Toddlers and Tiaras and Maple Salmon

Sorry if this doesn't make much sense, but I've got Toddlers and Tiaras on in the back ground.  It's quite distracting; some of these folks appear to be insane.  I shouldn't watch it, I know, but I just can't help it. 

Moving on.

I'm in the process of trying to eat down the house. 

Ok, back to Toddlers and Tiaras for just one second.  These parents are tossing chocolate chips across the floor into their child's mouth as a reward.  Really?  I'm so concerned. 

Ok back to eating down the house.  No, I'm not actually attempting to eat my house.  I'm working to eat the food in my house instead of buying new food.  Since I'm constantly trying out new recipes, I wind up with a lot of random food.  Well, it's partly because of the new recipes and partly because I get a little weird sometimes in the grocery store.  That's how I wound up with this...


That's wal-mart's answer to seafood. And it's been in my freezer for a long time.  Like a real long time.  

And there's a three year old getting spray tanned.  Because that's healthy, huh?  

Geeze, so distracting.  And I probably shouldn't talk about other people, I'm the one eating frozen salmon.

So tonight was the night to finally pull out said salmon and give it a try.  I found a recipe online, rejoiced when I saw that I had all of the ingredients on hand, reduced the serving size to one, calculated the points, cooked it up, and ate it up.  Pretty tasty!  Click here for the original recipe with the original measurements and all that jazz. 


Maple Salmon
adapted from AllRecipes

1 tbl maple syrup
1 1/2 tsp soy sauce
1/4 tsp garlic
1/8 tsp garlic salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 4 oz piece of salmon

Combine the syrup, soy sauce, garlic, salt, and pepper.  Place the salmon in a small dish, pour the sauce over it.  Cover it and stick it in the fridge for 15 minutes.  Turn the salmon and put it back in the fridge for another 15 minutes.

Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375.  Once the salmon is done marinating, place it in the oven for about 10 minutes or until it flakes easily with a fork. 

Makes one serving
Points plus 5 

No comments:

Post a Comment