9/1/11

Hail Dear 'Ole State!

It's that time again...

Time for the annual (well, 2nd annual) MS State football season kickoff post.

Who doesn't want to cheer with these cutie pies?  I die. 


Here's to a great season...whoever you cheer for!  Me, I cheer for MS State first, SEC second, then I don't really have a plan after that. And I'm relatively new to caring about the whole foot ball thing...you can thank my future Mister for that.  I spent a lot of time not caring about who did what in the SEC, but now it's just so darn fun. 

And it's the perfect opportunity to come together and eat dips.  

In the Alexander family, you are stamped a State fan at birth. Even if you wanted to change schools, you'd have better luck being accepted in the family after getting the mark of the beast tattooed on your neck.  Well, that might be a stretch, but you get my point. 

Spouses with different tastes in schools are tolerated, but a MS State boy is probably preferred.  Kidding.  Maybe. 

Football season is a very southern, very family oriented thing to me.  Always gets me a little nostalgic.  Maybe it's because I'm knockin' on 30, maybe it's because I'm about to get hitched and will someday have my own family to share traditions with.  

Maybe it's because the start of a new season always makes me think of Grandaddy. He explained football with his granddaughters on his knee and was that man who listened to the radio broadcast on his headphones instead of the one going overhead in the stadium.  


There he is, rocking a maroon button down at Christmas.   

I'm off to find a maroon rah rah and a paw print to tattoo on my face.  I'll be grindin' for my State at Websters tonight...

Happy Game Day!



Hail dear 'ole State!
Fight for that victory today.
Hit that line and tote that ball,
Cross the goal before you fall!
And then we'll yell, yell, yell, yell!
For dear 'ole State we'll yell like H-E-L-L!
Fight for Mis-sis-sip-pi State,
Win that game today!

No comments:

Post a Comment