9/6/11

A Poem for the Birthday Ghi

My best ghi has a voicemail that's not yet set up,
So I'm taking it the the blog to give her a "S'UP!?"

It's a special day for L-Dog, you see.
She's turning the big, exciting, perhaps scary thir-tee!

No, not scary for this L-Dog.
She's such a bad-a that she would scare a hog.

Scare a hog? Maybe not.  That might be too much.
But she's a really good speller, reader, writer and such.

But that's not all, she's one I adore.
Time spent with her is never a bore.

She loves pure barre and sushi and 'tinis, that's right;
And sometimes experiments with lipstick that is bright.

That's not true, was just trying to rhyme. 
I guess I'm just saying that at 30 she will shine.

I love you, L-Dog, more than you know. 
I'm grateful for your friendship, that is fo sho.

I hope your day is better than all of the rest.
And you get to do things that you love the best!

Happy Birthday, ghi!  Set your voicemail up!


4 comments:

  1. Love it!!!! Thanks for the birthday shout out! Oh, and the experimenting with bright lipstick thing is actually true...just ask Leah and Nikki about my Denim Dan days....

    ReplyDelete
  2. i will vouch for those bright lipstick attempts... scary!! i love this poem! so cute ghi! and happy birthday lindsey!

    ReplyDelete