9/20/11

Skinny Pot Roast

Ok so I'm assuming that everyone knows what a pot roast looks like?  Right?  Good.  I got home late last night and didn't get around to snapping a picture. 

So now that we've got that covered, let's talk about a few things you might not be familiar with. 

Like spiced pumpkin coffee for the keurig.  Yeeeeeeyahh.  It's a zero point delight in my life.  It's the little things...

You also might not know about this website...Skinny Crock Pot.  As if I needed another excuse to nerd out about my crock pot.  It was at this jewel of a site where I found today's recipe...a skinny pot roast.  

Skinny Pot Roast
adapted from Skinny Crock Pot

1 1/2 lb eye of round
2 tbl corn starch
2 cups reduced fat beef broth
10 cloves of garlic
1 lb red potatoes, diced
1 medium onion, sliced
1 tbl balsamic vinegar
1/2 tsp black pepper

Place the beef broth in a crock pot.  Whisk in the cornstarch. Add in the rest of the ingredients.  Toss everything around to make sure that everything is good and tossed up. 

Cook on low for 8 - 10 hours.

Serving size 1 cup (makes about 8 servings)
Points plus 9

**Serving size and number of servings are approximate on this one...roast is always tough to figure out when you're trying to measure it.

And just so that we can have a picture....


Be still, my heart.  You can make them for me by following this recipe.  But you could just give me one and then you have to take them away because my self control when it comes to oreos hangs out at around a zero. 

No comments:

Post a Comment