9/8/11

Terriyaki and Apricot Glazed Pork Chops and Why Crock Pots Rock

Have you noticed that it's the year of the crock pot?  You know that I have.  I'm very aware to everything crock pot.  I love me a crock pot.  But that's not surprise to you regular readers of the Elevator. 

What's not to love about this wondrous kitchen helper?  I don't know about you, but I work hard for my money.  Having supper ready when I get home is just about as cool as it gets.  Seriously.  Judge if me you think that it's uncool to think that supper ready in a crock pot is as cool as it gets.  

Sorry, I'm not sorry.
    

This one comes from the site that's been crockin' since before it was cool to crock...Crock P 365.  Enjoy!

Terriyaki and Apricot Glazed Pork Chops
from Crock Pot 365

4 lean, boneless pork chops
2/3 cup of sugar free apricot preserves
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup soy sauce (Instead of brown sugar and soy, you can do 1/4 cup of terriyaki sauce.  But I didn't have that so I did it this way!)
1 tsp dried ginger
2 tbl Dijon mustard

Place the pork chops in a crock pot.  Combine the rest of the ingredients, place them over the pork chops.  Cook on low for about 6 hours or high for about three hours.

Serving size 1 pork chop
Points plus 6

**If you use four regular old pork chops, then it's 8 points plus.  Holler.

No comments:

Post a Comment