9/27/11

Trude's Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

Have you seen Elf?  Love that movie.  If you haven't seen it, you should run out and rent it right now. If you have seen it, then you're probably familiar with the part of the movie when Buddy the Elf serves his new family spaghetti with maple syrup. 

I felt a little like Buddy the Elf as I measured out the cup of maple syrup for these little muffins. Or maybe I felt like Buddy the Elf because I was wearing stripped tights and a pointy hat.  What?  No, I wasn't.  Jokes. 

But the delightfulness of these muffins is no joke...whip you up a batch!  I got the recipe from my friend Trude, thanks Trude!   

 
Trude's Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
 
2 cups of whole wheat flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup of applesauce
4 very ripe medium bananas, mashed
1/4 cup of water
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips
 
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.
 
Combine the first 8 ingredients.  Fold in chocolate chips.  Divide the batter evenly among the tins.  
 
Bake for about 30 minutes or until they are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. 
 
Serving size 1 muffin
Points plus 6 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment