10/12/11

Black Bean and Feta Dip

Dips. 

I feel like it's a requirement for all Southern Girls to have at least 8 dips in her arsenal.  It's probably also necessary to have a cake plate...but I'm just not there yet. 

OK back to dips. 

My dips are usually:  corn dip, festive bean spread, Monterrey jack salsa, and _____.  That's all I got.  Well, that's all that comes to mind. So obviously, I'm a girl that needs more dips. 

And this is humorous, considering that I am a person that loves nothing more than a dip. 

Enter my sister, Jennifer.  More specifically, enter Jennifer and her friend Shannon.  You've heard about both of them before...Jennifer because she's family and awesome and Shannon because I once tried to credit my mom for one of her recipes

So here's the chance for me to right my wrongs. 

Shannon...thanks for expanding my dip repertoire!

stop being jealous of my counter tops

Black Bean and Feta Dip
from Shannon

1/2 cup of sugar
3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
3/4 cup of vegetable oil
3 15-oz cans black beans, drained and rinsed
3 15-oz cans of shoe peg corn, drained and rinsed
1 bunch of green onions, chopped
1 bunch of cilantro, chopped
1 8 oz block of feta, crumbled

Whisk the sugar, vinegar, and vegetable oil together.  Add the rest of the ingredients, combine well.  Chill. 

Serve with Frito's. 



1 comment:

  1. I have a similar recipe minus cilantro. I'm really liking the cilantro idea.

    ReplyDelete