10/10/11

Cheeseburgers and Tater Tots

I have migraines.  They aren't cute or fun.  They also leave me feeling very strange.  And very hungry.  I could eat the house after a migraine.  In fact, I had one on Thursday and wanted more than anything to eat the house.  Or at least a cheese burger. 

But I refrained.  I ate my leftover white bean turkey chili (which just keeps getting better, by the way) and went on about my business. 

But a cheeseburger.  I just couldn't shake the thought.  So I made a plan.  A plan for burgers and tots.  Yes.  

I know a burger is just a burger, but mine usually fail pretty hard core.  I'm bad at cooking them, terrified of food borne illnesses...it's usually kind of a pickle of a situation.  

Luckily for me, Friday night's burgers worked out.  The "recipe" came from the food network, I thought the flavors were great.  And the tots?  I had 15 of them for 6 points plus...and it was awesome. 



Cheeseburgers
adapted from Food Network

1 lb lean ground beef
1 tbl Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp onion powder

Combine all ingredients.  Divide into four equal patties.  Cook however you desire...I did it in the skillet because I'm not much of a griller. 

Serving size 1 patty
Points plus 4

Dress this up however you fancy.  I did a whole wheat bun (2), a slice of reduced fat cheese (1), and assorted veggies (0) for a 7 point burger. 

YUM. 

Happy Monday friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment