10/6/11

Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff

I would like to knock egg noodles to the moon for being so high in points.  Seriously.  I get that annoyed by it. 

I love them.  Love them almost as much as I love trashy food.  Considering that last night's meal was cooking in the crock pot and consisted of "cubed stew meat", golden mushroom condensed soup, cream cheese, and egg noodles; I'm pretty sure that I had all of my bases covered.  

Now...show it in a bowl, on the floor, next to a creepy vent and this is really a full-out-trash-bag situation.  

You're welcome. 
 

Now I thought this was great.  The Brandon, on the other hand, ate about 1/3 of his and proclaimed he wasn't hungry. 

Liar, liar, pants on fire.

Oh well.  It was pretty high in points for a WW meal but I really did enjoy it.  It was one of those comforting meals that I wanted to curl up and watch family movies with.  Worth the high points and the slight tummy rumble I went to bed with. 

Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff
adapted from The Crock Star

1 lb cubed stew meat
1 can of condensed golden mushroom soup
1 large onion, diced
3 tbl Worcestershire
1/2 cup water
4 oz reduced fat cream cheese
1 tsp of garlic
salt to taste
a few dashes of paprika

Combine all ingredients except for the meat and the cream cheese.  Add the meat, stir well.  Cook on low for 8 hours.  About ten minutes before serving, add the cream cheese. 

Serving size 1/2 cup (makes 6)
Points plus 10

Serving with egg noodles, rice, whatevs.  Just be sure to adjust the points! 

No comments:

Post a Comment