10/24/11

Lauren's Black Eyed Pea Soup

I love it when friends do weight watchers.  Not because I think my friends NEED to do weight watchers, no it's not that at all.  I love it purely for selfish reasons....when others do the WW then they can figure out yummy recipes and tricks and secrets and pass them on to me.  And then I can pass them on to you.  See....everyone wins!   

 

This recipe originated from my good friend, Lauren.  She's no stranger to a kitchen and I'm very glad she threw this one together and sent it my way. This was the perfect soup for a lazy, rainy Sunday afternoon and I am looking forward to working through the leftovers this week.  
Lauren's Blackeyed Pea Soup
from Lauren of Surviving the Hills

2 small onions, chopped
4 tsp of olive oil
10 oz turkey ham, cubed
2 cans rotel tomatoes
4 cups cooked blackeyed peas (*or canned, if you destroy your black eyed peas trying to cook them like I may or may not have done)
8 cups of fat free chicken stock
salt and pepper, to taste
1 tbl of Tony's, more or less to taste

Heat oil in a large (HUGE) pot, cook onions until soft.  Add the ham and cook for a bit.  Add the rest of the ingredients, bring to a boil.  Reduce to a simmer and let it cook for a little while.

Serving size 1 1/2 cups (makes about 12)
Points plus 3

Thanks, Lauren.  For your recipe sharing AND for your general awesomeness....     

1 comment:

  1. Yum. I have to try this one.
    I always like getting a glimpse of your pretty, white dishes.

    ReplyDelete