10/5/11

Roosters, Quick Meals, and Wednesdays.

Hi there!  Happy Wednesday!  Hope it's been a good week in your neck of the woods so far.  Just stopping by to share with you not one, but TWO cheep, tasty, and quick meal ideas.  I'm pretty sure I've discussed these before but who doesn't love a good refresher?  


First up, it's California Pizza Kitchen's BBQ Chicken Pizza.  You can have 1/3 of this little dear for 7 points plus.  Not to shabby if you ask me!  I picked this up from the Wal Mart for around five dollars.  What up, great deal?!? 

So here's one of my old tried and true favorites.  Again, one I'm pretty sure I've discussed before.  Cajun food purist, look away.  You're not going to like this.  Hell, everyone might want to look away.  My pots are pitiful.  


Hang on now kids, this one is really complicated.  Take one box of Zatarains original jambalaya and 2 cups of chopped cooked chicken breast and prepare it according to the directions on the box (omitting the oil).  Makes five 1 cup servings, each serving is 6 points plus.  I used a rotisserie chicken, which made the whole meal cost around $6.50.  Raising the roof. 

I'd also like to draw your attention to my new measuring cups.  I was down to only the 1/3 of a cup measuring cup after I moved, somehow the rest of them got lost.  I'm assuming they vaporized or something because who in the world looses measuring cups.  Anyway.  I decided that I'd had enough of eating only 1/3 of a cup of everything and decided to purchase some new ones.  Not only were these maroon ones with the roosters the coolest, they were also the cheapest.  Everyone wins, including the roosters.  

Especially the roosters.

Don't forget about Art Alfresco tomorrow night!!  


No comments:

Post a Comment