11/7/11

Boys and their Brussle Sprouts (Oven Roasted Garlic Brussle Sprouts)

Oh brussle sprouts.  You are such a strange little veggie.  Kind of stinky, green, no wonder kids (and adults) despise you. 

But you know who doesn't despise a brussle sprout?  The Brandon.  Loves 'em.  You know who else loves as brussle sprout.  Daniel Smith.  Husband of Lauren Smith.  How do I know this?  Because she emailed me yesterday asking if I had any ideas how to prep brussle sprouts.  She had a similar problem as me.  The man loves them, the woman kind of gags at them. 

Well happy Monday friends, here's a brussle sprout recipe that wont make you gag.  It is so good.  After I'd had my serving size, I kept walking past the dish and stealing little sprouts.  The recipe was based on this one, I really only changed the amounts and some of the process. 

Some important point information about this one.  When I plugged everything into the only recipe builder, it was pretty high in points.  This is because for some reason, the builder gives vegetables a points value other than zero.  So what lots of people do is continue to count the veggies as zero regardless of what the builder says.  I usually count the veggies just to be sure, but this time I decided to leave the veggies out.  You can do whatever you please, as chances are you are an adult. 

Hope you enjoy! 


Oven Roasted Garlic Brussle Sprouts

12 oz frozen brussle sprouts
3 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 tbl of olive oil
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

Place all ingredients in a bowl, toss to make sure everything is coated. Place in a baking dish.  Cook for 40 - 50 minutes, tossing half way through. 

Serving size 1/2 of recipe
Points plus 2

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this! I love brussels sprouts and so does my daughter so I've been trying to pep them up so everyone will at them. I'm going to give it a try this week!

    ReplyDelete