11/22/11

Chocolate Gooey Butter Cookies

'Tis the season to eat cookies. And to take pictures of cookies on the "vintage" setting of your camera phone. 


Here's another non WW recipe for you to try.  No, I'm not trying to fatten you up for the holiday season.  Rather, I got this make-you-weep recipe from my sister and I just HAD to share it with you fine people.  I made this for my church bake sale recently.  While I'm not sure how they fared at the bake sale, I know I enjoyed testing them to make sure they weren't poisonous.  When testing things to see if they are poisonous, one must try at least three. 

What wedding dress? 

PTL for spanks.

After further research, I've found that this recipe originated with Paula Deen.  Raise your hand if you're shocked.  Yeah, me neither. 

Keep it buttery, Paula. 

Chocolate Gooey Butter Cookies
from Paula Deene

1 block of cream cheese, room temp
1 stick of butter, room temp
1 egg
1 box of moist chocolate cake mix
1 tsp vanilla extract
powdered sugar

With a mixer, cream the cream cheese and the butter.  Beat in the egg, then the vanilla, then the cake mix. 

Cover and stick in the fridge for 2 hours. 

Roll the batter into tablespoon size balls and then roll in powdered sugar.  Place on a baking sheet about 2 inches apart.  Bake for 12 minutes.  The cookies will remain soft and gooey. 

Allow to cool completely and sprinkle with some extra powdered sugar. 

A few notes on this.  Turns out, my mixer didn't make the move.  I'm not even going to ask how, so whatever.  I did this without a mixer but I wouldn't recommend it.  My right arm is now slightly bulkier than my left; hopefully it's not noticeable. 

Also, mine only took about 10 minutes to bake.  

Thirdly...I bet these could change the world with a glass of cold milk.   

No comments:

Post a Comment