11/7/11

An Impressive Party (Coffee Slush)

I am impressed with people that remember to get their eyebrows waxed regularly, people that can stick to strict budgets, and people that can throw parties.  That list is neither all inclusive nor is it in any particular order. 

But let's talk about parties.  I am a girl that can follow directions and make dips.  I'm good to help you host your party but need some work on the actually coming up with the details of the party.  Thank goodness other people rock at it. 


A group of us came together on Saturday to celebrate our dear friend, Leah and her will-be-here-soon baby boy.


An occasion as special as this deserves lots of cookies.



And Annie Glass galore.  Be still my heart. I'm afraid I've got a new obsession.  I know I'm a little bit late to this party but my, oh my.  So pretty. 


The party was held at my friend Fran's house.  I arrived Friday night to help her set up, she taught me lots of things about parties and crystal and silver; we drank beer and ate sushi and generally had a large time.  It's fun how some things never change. 

Anywho.  Here's a shot of the hostesses.  Unfortunately, not everyone could be there.  They were greatly missed!


A time made even more fun by serving coffee slush.  Jeeeeeeze this stuff is good.  It probably has as many points per serving as a big mac but is worth it.  Here's the recipe:

3 cups of brewed coffee
6 cups / 3 pints of half and half
2 cups of sugar
2 tbl vanilla

Combine all ingredients, pour into zip lock bags.  Freeze.  Remove from freezer about 1.5 hours before serving.  Prepare to lick the bowl. 

I wonder how this would be with fat free half and half and splenda? Hmmmm. 

Ok sorry I got sidetracked with yummy coffee goodness. 

It was so surreal!  Seeing Leah with her a-dor-able baby bump.  She's going to be a great mom to that precious baby boy.  Can't wait to meet him! 

But hey Oliver?  Please just stay hanging out an chill until after December 10.  So your mom can be in my wedding.  Thanks, kid. 

2 comments:

  1. congrats leah! and annie glass--i am also tardy to the party but i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think oliver will make his appearance post-wedding. FINGERS CROSSED!!!!!! thanks for the shower and i can't wait for your blessed event!!!!

    ReplyDelete