11/29/11

Indian Summer Turkey Chili

Oh, Rachel Ray.  Stop rockin' my world, girl.

Don't you just love it when you re-discover an favorite?  I know I do.  When my mom and I were roommates, I made this dish all the time.  Like, should have bought stock in Montreal Steak Seasoning...that's how much this happened.  It's great leftover and a total crowd pleaser.  There's a slight citrus taste, not real sure where that comes from but I'm just going with it.  Perfect for this arctic blast chill we're having here in the Delta.    


Indian Summer Turkey Chili

1 tbl of extra virgin olive oil
2 lb of lean ground turkey
4 tbl chili powder
2 tbl Montreal Steak Seasoning
1 tbl of cumin
2 tbl Worcestershire sauce
1 - 3 tbl of hot sauce, depending on your taste
1 large onion, chopped
2 bell peppers, any color, chopped
1 cup of beer (I've  used dark beer and light beer, both were good)
1 14 oz can of tomato sauce
1/2 cup of bbq sauce
2 cups of corn kernals (frozen)

Heat olive oil in a large pot, add the ground turkey, the chili powder, the steak seasoning, the cumin, the Worcestershire sauce, the hot sauce and cook.  Add the onions and the peppers, cook for about 5 minutes. 

Add the beer and deglaze the pan.  Add the tomato sauce and the bbq sauce, allow it to come to a bubble.  Add the corn.  Simmer for about 10 minutes.  Remove from heat and serve

Serving size 1 cup (makes about 9 servings)
Points plus 7

No comments:

Post a Comment