11/9/11

My Needs (Mushroom Stoganoff)

This dish was my attempt at meatless Monday.  I love the idea of meatless Monday.  Something tells me, however, that the future mister is not going to be a fan of meatless Monday.

But that's OK.  Our premarital counseling is teaching us how to accept each other as we are and communicate needs.  Often, my needs include pasta with some sort of a cream sauce.  My needs 1; Brandon's needs 0.  I feel like it's going to be like that sometimes.  

Now before you go worrying about us and the state of our relationship...Brandon had himself a turkey and fried egg sandwich on the night that I had this.  He's fine... 
  

 

Mushroom Stroganoff
adapted from The Svelte Gourmet

1 tbl butter
1 large onion, chopped
32 oz mushrooms, sliced
1/4 cup chicken broth
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 tsp dijon
2 tsp Worcestershire
2 tsp flour
1 cup of fat free sour cream
12 oz wheat egg noodles
1/2 tsp dill

Cook egg noodles according to package directions.  Drain and set aside. 

Melt butter in a large skillet, add onions and cook until soft.  Add mushrooms and cook for a few minutes.  Add chicken broth, salt, pepper, dijon mustard, worcestershire, and flour.  Cook until the sauce thickens.  

Remove from heat, stir in sour cream.  Add egg noodles and dill. Toss to combine.  

Serving size 1 cup (makes about 12 cups)
Points plus 4

No comments:

Post a Comment