12/28/11

Post Excitement Funk

Does anyone else ever get into a post excitement funk?  I do.  After the wedding and the honeymoon and the holidays, I'm finding myself kind of wandering around, not quite knowing what to do with myself.  


What helps me when I'm like this?  Words!  And music!  And  french fries!  And wine!  But let's just focus on the words...

find it here

find it here

find it here 

find it here 
find it here 

find it here 

find it here 

Do you get in funks?  How do you crawl out? 

3 comments:

  1. I remember when we got back from our honeymoon, I was so emotional. We had been out of the country for a week, and so I was so excited to check my voicemail when we got back in the US. I had 0 messages. I was a wreck- I remember sobbing & Jeremy asking what was wrong, and I told him that I was just sad because it was all over. His response was, "Well, it's really just the beginning??!" So true! BUT, I say all of that just to tell you that it is normal to feel that way! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. i had one of those days today--i woke up crying, and it was about 90 percent post-holiday weeps. courtney just left, christmas is over,and after cleaning and fretting for weeks, i am overwhelmed with NOTHING to do for a week. i'm fixing it with a degrassi marathon and that shel silverstein poem you posted.
    i think it might be a little bit premature to be worrying about who might die first and who should accept fiscal responsibility if such a thing should occur...some days i am such a freak.

    ReplyDelete