12/4/11

Weddin' Dreams

I've always been a strange sleeper.  I have odd dreams, I talk in my sleep, I thrash, I steal covers. 

My mom won't sleep in the same bed with me. 

Rude. 

But let's focus on the dreams.  They've always been a little strange.  Never really scary, just odd.  Since getting engaged and planning the weddin', I've had some dreams related to it.  Again, odd...not scary. 

Well.

Last night was a doozy.  I fitfully dreamed all night long about the weddin'.  Here are just a few things that went down:

my shoes didn't fit
the bridesmaids were uninterested
the church was double booked
there was a drummer / rock band in the sanctuary
the photographer was uninterested
no one came
I was wearing a strange head piece like Kim Kardashian
my dress was too short. 
Brandon had this strange "I'm hot" panic attack and ran out of the church
we forgot to get our marriage license

That last one was the worst part.

Geeze.  Talk about about waking up in a cold sweat. 

Lots of people have asked me the same question over the last few days. 

"Are you getting nervous (or stressed, or excited, or ready)?"

And my answer is usually the same. 

"No!  I'm actually pretty calm."

And it's the truth.  I've made lists, I've crossed things off of lists.  I know that things will pop up this week that will throw me for a loop but overall I'm pretty chill.  Excited, but chill.  Ready.   

So where did this dream come from?  The theme of each of the stressors was the same:  chaos.  Chaos is what I'm trying to avoid the most.  So is this my subconscious creeping up? 

What do you think?  I'm pretty good at diagnosing others with their psychiatric problems; I'm not good at diagnosing my own.  Turns out, you can't see your own ears.   

Has anyone else ever experienced this when there is a big life event coming up?

1 comment:

  1. YES YES YES IT WAS 60 YEARS AGO, THE STATE OF MISSISSIPPI WAS COVERED WITH SNOW. IT SNOWED ALL WEEK, BUT, ON MY WEDDING DAY THE SUN WAS SHINING, EVEN THO IT WAS 4 BELOW 0. CARS WENT INTO DITCHES, TWO GROOMSMEN NEVER MADE IT, MY AUNT THAT SANG ARRIVED ONE HOUR BEFORE THE SERVICE.MANY OTHERS ENDED UP IN DITCHES ON THE WAY AND NEVER GOT HERE. RESULT: ALMOST 50 YEARS OF A WONDERFUL MARRIAGE! THAT IS MY PRAYER FOR YOU AND BRANDON. (NOT ALL THE BAD STUFF, BUT WHAT COMES AFTER THE WEDDING!!) I LOVE YOU SO MUCH, NANNY

    ReplyDelete