1/24/12

BBQ Burgers

I hear there was a pretty exciting football game on Sunday night.  I say "I hear" because I smooth passed out on the couch at around 815.  I did wake up with extreme heart palpitations about every 20 minutes as Brandon would scream wildly and run around the house, but that's about as close to the action that I got.  Sometimes, I just hit a wall and going forward is not an option.


Luckily, I was able to cook some supper before the Great Sunday Night Pass Out.  The down side is that I didn't get a picture.  My father in law was dining with us; I think he already thinks I'm strange so I didn't want to subject him to having to wait to eat while I got a good snap of the food.  The up side is that these burgers were the bomb.  Whip them up for your next football themed event.  And serve them with tater tots.  It was a hit people, a hit.  


This is Willard at our wedding.  I'm told he didn't leave this perch all day. 

BBQ Burgers


1 lb of lean (93/7) ground beef
1/2 cup of 2% shredded Mexican blend cheese
1/4 cup of BBQ sauce
pepper, seasoned salt, onion powder to taste


Combine all ingredients, work them into four equal sized patties.  


Cook however you cook your burgers.  I did mine on a counter top grill; my spring time resolution is to learn more about grilling.


Serving size 1 patty
Points plus 4


Serve with toppings of your choice on a light hamburger bun.  Just make sure you adjust the points...if you're into that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment