1/25/12

Black Bean, Egg, and Cheese Breakfast Burrito

I've been spending some time recently looking at the website choosemyplate.gov.  It's an informative little site, meant to educate us Americans on nutrition and diet.  The "plate" has replaced the food pyramid, I believe it gives a wonderful visual tool to help get more nutritional bang for your buck.  


I, for one, was disappointed to see that french fries did not have a place on the plate.  But oh well.  

So, in my mind, if I follow this guideline then I'll feel fuller longer, eat less empty calories during the day, and can save my calories and points for weekend festivities.  

Sounds like a pli-zan to me!  

The following recipe is something that I tried using this plate as a guide, I feel like it's pretty close although I shoulda used a whole wheat tortilla. Oh well.  If that's the biggest mistake I make this week then I'll be fine...


Black Bean, Egg, and Cheese Breakfast Burrito

1 egg, lightly beaten and seasoned with salt and pepper
2 tbl 2% shredded Mexican blend cheese
1/3 of a cup of black beans
1 low carb tortilla

In a skillet sprayed with cooking spray, scramble the egg.  When it's just about done, add the black beans and cheese.  Remove from heat.  Add the egg to the tortilla, wrap it up like a burrito.  

Serving size entire burrito
Points plus 6 

Pin It

1 comment: