1/9/12

Lemon Ricotta Pancakes with Blueberry Sauce

Guess what my sweet husband did yesterday? 

What?

He removed a HUGE splinter from my finger that I got while grabbing a t-shirt from my dresser.  No.  My dresser isn't a rusty pallet.  

Since my go-to coping skill is sheer panic, this was no small feat for him.  To show my love and appreciation, I whipped him up some Lemon Ricotta Pancakes with a Blueberry Sauce.  Well.  It didn't really go down like that.  More like I'd been researching and planning this meal since we got home from our honeymoon; the day i decided to make them just happened to coincide with Splinter-Gate 2012.  But there were Lemon Ricotta Blueberry Pancakes regardless.   

Between that and the Jason Borne marathon on TNT, I was pretty sure his head was going to explode. Add in the cold medicine he'd taken, it was pretty much crazy-town at the McCaleb's.  

So if you've been keeping up, you might remember that we had some pretty sweet lemon ricotta pancakes from a sweet little bakery in Napa.  Brandon loved them and asked if I would give them a shot.  Since I often  have delusions of grandeur in the kitchen, I said "what the hell" and gave it a shot. 

28 dirty dishes later, this is what resulted. 



Hello, love.  I cannot wait until we meet again.  The sauce was sweet, the pancakes were fluffy with a lemony twang, the husband was happy.  Score one for breakfast for supper. 

Lemon Ricotta Pancakes with Blueberry Sauce

For the blueberry sauce:
1 1/2 tbl fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
3 tbl sugar
2 tbl water

In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice and cornstarch.  Set aside.  

In a medium sauce pan, combine the berries, sugar, and watter.  Bring to a boil.  Reduce the heat to a simmer, stir in the cornstarch until the sauce thickens slightly.  Remove from heat, keep warm, set aside. 

For the pancakes:
1 1/4 flour
3 tbl sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup ricotta cheese
1 large egg
2 large egg whites
1/2 cup lemon jice
2 tsp lemon zest
1 tbl canola oil

In a large bowl whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.  

In a smaller bowl, whisk the ricotta, egg, egg whites, lemon juice, lemon zest, and oil.  

Fold the wet ingredients in with the dry, just until the flower is all gone.  Don't over mix.  The batter will be thick.  

Heat a pan over medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Add the 1/3 cup of batter to the pan at a time and cook until done.  

Serve warm with blueberry sauce.  

Sooooo if anyone out there is hungry for more WW recipes don't worry.  They'll be back soon.  They've got to be back soon...my skinny jeans don't fit.  

But those pancakes were worth it.

  



Pin It

1 comment: