1/23/12

Panko Crusted Pork Chops for Two

I burned these pork chops.  Whoops.  But they were still pretty darn good.  I'll probably make them again and, you know, not burn them.  Or at least try to not burn them.  I can't make any promises.  

The night that I made these was pretty intense.  Smoke filled the house, doors and windows were opened, and dishtowels were waved around frantically in an effort to clear the smoke out.  When I woke up the next morning, my hair kind of smelled like I'd been loitering around a fire pit. 

But no.  'Twas only burned pork chops.  


Panko Crusted Pork Chops for Two
from The Kitchn

2 tbl canola oil
2 thick boneless pork chops
1/2 cup panko crumbs
2 tbl grated Parmesan cheese
1 heaping tbl Italian parsley
1/4 cup of flour
2 eggs, lightly beaten 
salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 375.

Mix the bread crumbs, Parmesan, parsley, and 1/2 tsp of salt in a shallow bowl.  In another bowl, add the flour.  In a third bowl, add the eggs.

Dredge the pork chops in the egg, then the flour, then the panko.  

In a heavy skillet, heat oil.  Add the chops and cook on each side until they are gold and crispy, about 2 minutes.  Or perhaps less.  I don't know.  I burned mine.  

Transfer the chops to a baking sheet and finish cooking them in the oven for about 15 minutes or until they reach an internal temp of 130.  Remove from the oven and allow them to sit for about five minutes. 

Serving size 1 pork chop
Points plus 12 

**The points on this one are probably not that high as you don't use all of the flour and the eggs.  I usually put things on the high side just in case. 



No comments:

Post a Comment