2/22/12

The Eight Mile Breakfast Burrito

I ran 8 miles on Sunday.


I'm surprised I made it.  I think I cried a little on mile six, thought about flagging a car down and hitching a ride back to mi casa.


But I didn't.  I kept going.  


It was also at mile six that I started to think about what I was going to eat for breakfast when I got back to mi casa.  Food pushed me through those last two miles.


When I got back to the house, I threw myself across the bed where my sleeping husband lay; I announced loudly that I had made it and that I really really REALLY needed some food.  I thought for sure he would leap up and do something about this.  But there was no leaping, only a congratulatory grunt and a roll over.  Unfortunately, my running victory did not turn him into a morning person.


I figured I was on my own and went on the hunt for some breakfast food.


What I made, I've made before.  And I've shared it here before.  But I'm going to share it again.  Why?  Because there's ham involved now. Why? Because I'm trying to up the protein.  Why?  I don't know, it just felt right.  


The Eight Mile Breakfast Burrito

1 whole wheat tortilla
1 egg
1/3 cup of black beans
1 tbl shredded 2% jack cheese
1 slice of deli ham
salt and pepper
cooking spray

Scramble the egg, black beans, cheese, ham, salt, and pepper in a skillet sprayed with cooking spray.  Once it is cooked, remove it from the pan and wrap up in the tortilla. 

Makes 1 serving
Points plus 6

2 comments: