2/8/12

Just Sayin'....

As I therapist (and a person), I use a lot of metaphors and stories and quotes and sayings. 


You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. 


There's no logic in crazy.


How do you eat a whale?  One bite at a time. 


Is any one acting out of character?  


The problem's not the problem, it's your thoughts about the problem.


It seems that older adults also enjoy the use of a good saying.  This is just one more way that I know that I am kindred spirits with this population.  


A perk of my job is that I'm always getting to learn new sayings that I then try to work into my every day life.  I've got a few new ones that I'll be playing around with in the coming weeks:


You can bump a stump and go 'head on about your business. 


Let it roll off like peas on a knife.  


Those vegetables are going to heaven because they cooked the hell out of them.  


I'm not sure how I'm going to work that last one in but I'm looking forward to the challenge.  


So what about you?  Any favorite sayings that you (or your grandmother) have?  Share them!  I'd love to work them into my rotation....


See you later, alligator.  





No comments:

Post a Comment