2/23/12

Slow Cooker Parmesan Honey Pork Roast

This meal looks very similar to one I posted a few weeks ago.  Same plates, same sides, same eerie yellow light. In fact, it's almost the same.  But it's not.  Swear.  Cross my heart.  

The star in this show was much fancier than a made from the back of a box pot roast.  It involved lots of ingredients that don't sound like they would go together, but in actuality completely go together.  

Take my word on this.  


I wish your computer was scratch and sniff....the aroma is mind bending.  Mind bending.  
  


Slow Cooker Honey and Parmesan Pork
adapted from Six Sisters Stuff 

3 lb of boneless pork roast
2/3 cup of Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup of honey
3 tbl soy sauce 
2 tbl basil
2 tbl garlic
2 tbl olive oil 

Place the pork roast in a crock pot.  Combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl.  Pour over the roast.  Cook on low for 7 hours.  

Serving size 4 ounces (makes about 12 servings)
Points plus 7

I had grand plans to remove this from the crock pot, slice it up, make a sauce, and really wow folks.  Howevers.  As soon as I lifted the roast to slice it, it fell apart.  Which I don't really think is a bad thing.  I've decided that we are going to be a shred it don't slice it family.  And in hind sight, I probably could have still made the sauce.  But it was Sunday and Harry Potter was on and I just couldn't be bothered.   

No comments:

Post a Comment