2/28/12

Spicy Chicken Pizza

So Greenwood has this awesome baker named Donald.  Not only does bake things that will make you cry, he's also very nice.  Is he, possibly, the perfect person?  Maybe so.  Maybe so.  

So I hear that he makes pizza crusts.  That's the rumor on the street.  I want to learn more about this.  When I learn more about it, I'll pass said information on to you fine people.  Until then, I'll keep using store bought pizza crusts.  


Spicy Chicken Pizza
adapted from My Baking Addiction

1 tsp canola oil
1/2 cup of onion, chopped
3 cups of bell peppers, chopped (I used green and red)
1/2 cup of salsa
1 1/2 cup of shredded reduced fat pepper jack cheese, or some sort of mixed 
1 1/2 cup of shredded chicken
1 pizza crust (I used Mama Mary's)

In a small skillet, heat the oil.  Add the onion and bell peppers and cook until they are soft.  Add the salsa.  Remove from heat.  

Place the pepper mixture a top the pizza crust.  Top with cheese and then chicken.  Bake the pizza according to the package instructions.  

Cut the pizza into four equal slices.  

Serving size: 1/4 of pizza
Points plus 11 

**I would top this with cilantro if I were you.  I didn't and regret it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment