2/14/12

Super Bowl Eats

I think next to Thanksgiving, the super bowl is my favorite food holiday.  I do.  Really.  I just decided.  I mean why not?  You're really only expected to eat apps. And what is better than that?  Nothing


I felt that this year's super bowl was the perfect chance to pull out the Annie Glass serving pieces.  The way I look at it, I don't have a ton of any fancy events on the books at this point so I might as well pull it out for the super bowl.  Seriously guys, life is short.  So here's what we ate....




Gina's Skinny Taste Buffalo Chicken Dip. This one is WW friendly.  If you eat the correct portion size.  
  

The Colonel's Fried Chicken.  This is WW friendly if you have, like, a half a strip. 



A darn good sausage and cheese plate. This is WW friendly if you only eat the mustard. 


Saucy Shrimp.  This would be WW friendly if you omitted the mayonnaise. 


Saucy Shrimp
from Karen Calloway


3 lb of cooked, peeled, deveined shrimp
1 cup mayo
1/4 cup of durkees
4 tbl ketchup
4 tbl dijon mustard
1 tbl Worcestershire
juice of two lemons
1 3.5 jar of capers, drained
2 ribs of celery, chopped
1 green onion, chopped 


Combine all ingredients in a big zip lock bag.  Allow to marinate in the fridge over night.  


It's worth mentioning that I may or may not have sat over that shrimp and eaten it straight out of the zip lock bag with a fork.  It's also worth mentioning that if you are trying to watch your weight, the last thing you should do is eat things out of bags with forks.  

3 comments:

  1. I don't remember how I found your blog, but I have been reading for awhile. I feel like I should let you know and comment - because that is what I would want someone to do on my blog... anyway... My hubby and I are both doing weight watchers and loving it! Your recipes have been an added bonus to our dinner rotation:) P.S. We splurged big time for the Super Bowl too! Wings, blue cheese dip, bacon cheeseburger dip with french bread, cookies, 7 layer dip... just to name a few!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) We ate the same way for the Super Bowl..... and I didn't lose any weight that week...

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing. i love a super bowl fiesta as well. when else can you eat rotel for dinner?

    ReplyDelete