3/28/12

Chicken Thighs

Geeze Louise what's with all the thigh talk around here this week?  Maybe it's because I've been running in shorts and I'm more aware of my big, pretty thighs.  

Today it's not about my thighs, today it's about a chicken's thighs.  I know.  It's kind of a gross concept.  Raw chicken. I'm trying to deal with it with some exposure therapy.  You know, handling it more so I'll get over my fear of chicken. 

Kind of like how you might make an agoraphobic go to Wal Mart on the 3rd of the month.  

So chicken thighs.  Brandon asked if I'd cook some.  Or rather, Brandon pleaded that I cook some while he was gnawing on some overdone chicken breasts one night.  

So I did.  I compromised.  Isn't that what I'm supposed to do?  I used his choice of protein with my choice of marinaid. 

And it was pretty awesome.  And rediculously easy.  Try it out and see! Do not fear the chicken thighs.  They are tender and delicious.  


Here there are marinating.  



And here they are all plated.  Not great lighting but just trust me.  You should make these, stat.  And serve them with some Glory Seasoned green beans.  And maybe a piece of wheat toast.  

 

Chicken Thighs
adapted from Witty in the City

6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1/2 cup of dijon mustard
1/4 cup of maple syrup
1 tbl of rice wine vinegar 

Preheat oven to 450. 

Place the chicken thighs in a baking dish.  Season them with salt and pepper.  Combine the remaining ingredients and pour over the chicken thighs.  Flip them around and make sure that they're all covered in the marinade.  Let it hang out for a little while or however long you spend taking dinner to a friend that just had a baby.  Which was about an hour or so.  


Cook for about an hour, pausing halfway through to baste the chicken with the marinade.  


Serving size 2 pieces of chicken 
Points plus 7

No comments:

Post a Comment