3/6/12

Nine Mile Omelet

Who knew that two little slices of peanut butter toast could make such a difference? 


I didn't.  


I did a nine mile run on Saturday morning, my hips are still complaining about it.  But that's besides the point.  Back to the toast.  


The toast helped me to not pass out around mile 6.  I was grateful to not pass out around mile 6, especially since there were people out and about and it would have been very very embarrassing.  


Usually I don't eat before I run.  After the run a few weeks ago, however, I decided that a protein and a complex carbohydrate were in order.  Enter two slices of whole wheat toast and a cup 'o joe.  



But that's not what I came to tell you about.  I came here to tell you about my omelet.  


It was one of those whatever's in your fridge omelets.  Well, maybe not whatever.  I didn't put banana peppers or the bottle of Frog's Leap in there.  


It was dee-lish.  And really helped build me back up after running.  And helped me put a dent in that never ending tub of blue cheese. 


All of these are positives.  


Nine Mile Omelet

2 eggs
1 slice of deli ham, chopped
chopped tomato (about a palm full)
spinach (about a palm full)
1 tbl of blue cheese
salt and pepper, to taste

Place the eggs in a small bowl, break up the yolks with a fork and stir. Season with salt and pepper. 

Spray a small pan with cooking spray, pour in the eggs and allow them to set.  Flip it over when almost cooked through. Place the rest of the ingredients on one side, fold over and cook until everything is heated through.  

Makes 1 serving
Points plus 6


2 comments:

  1. That is awesome! Are you running the Greenwood 1/2 marathon? Call me if you want someone to run with on those long runs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not doing the half here, have a conflict that day! Would love to do a long run one day! It gets kind of boring....:)

    ReplyDelete