4/12/12

Ham, Ham, Glorious Ham

A wise woman once said "an eternity is two people and a ham." 

I couldn't agree more.  

Below is the glorious ham that I served on Easter Sunday to my huz-ban, his mother, his cousin, and Win.  So that's five people.  Five people were nourished from this ham. 


But it didn't stop there.  The ham kept going.  We ate it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks. And did we get sick of it?  No.  No we didn't.  Why?  Because there's about 8 million different things that you can do with a ham.  

Like make a tropical pizza....

Weeeeell.  Don't mind if I do. 


Tropical Pizza
adapted from Real Simple


1 pizza crust (I used Mama Mary's traditional crust)
1 can of diced tomatoes, drained
4 oz ham, chopped
2 cups of part skim mozzarella cheese
small can of pineapple chunks, drained


Top the pizza crust with cheese, then tomatoes, then ham, then pineapple.  Cook according to crust directions. 


Divide into six equal slices. 


Serving size 1 slice
9 points plus  

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha... love this. It keeps going and going and going. Why have I never thought to put ham on pizza?! Great idea.

    ReplyDelete