4/16/12

Ham Quesadilla

I'm back with more ham recipes.  

Get fired up, people!  

It was kind of like divine intervention when this month's Real Simple featured the following article:  10 Ideas for Baked Ham. 

Thanks, Real Simple.  You always know exactly what to say. 


I got two out of the ten recipes done with this last ham.  The tropical pizza and this here quesadilla.  


Part of me wants to buy a new ham and knock out the other eight.  But I wont, because then the ham wont be special anymore.  


Like how they first time my mom made Frank Ann Stein's chicken it rocked; the 18th time she made it, it was all the sisters and I could do to keep our shiz together at the dinner table.  


So, no, I'll keep this article tucked safely away for the next time I get myself a ham.  



Ham Quesadilla
adapted from Real Simple


1 low carb tortilla
1/2 cup of diced ham
onions and peppers, cooked in cooking spray until soft
1/2 oz of pepper jack cheese
olive oil


Layer all ingredients on one side of the tortilla.  Fold it over.  Brush both sides with a little bit of olive oil.  


Broil for about 2 minutes on each side.  Be sure to watch it because it gets done quick!


Makes 1 serving
Points plus: 6


:: Save the leftover onions and peppers for breakfast the next morning!  Scramble an egg, add onions and peppers to the pan to heat through, throw it on a tortilla, and top it with 1 slice of reduced fat cheese for a whip - A five point breakfast!



1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to borrow my sisters RS issue this month. They do always know what to say.

    ReplyDelete