4/5/12

Spicy Parmesan Shrimp Skillet

Don't forget to leave a comment on this post for your chance to win the Delta Magazine cookbook!

This meal is like Quick Draw McGraw.  

OK so after some research, I've learned that Quick Draw McGraw was a cartoon horse that walked around on his back legs like a human.  So maybe that's not an appropriated simile.

But it's fast.  I was able to put the marinade together in like 8 minutes.  I know this because I have started to play this game where I try to get as much done as I can in the small window of time I have between getting home from work and going to my once every two weeks part time gig. It's kind of fun.

And weird.  It's fun and a little bit weird.  

Fun and a little bit weird is my favorite.  
  

Spicy Parmesan Shrimp Skillet
adapted from How Sweet It Is


1 lb shrimp, peeled and de-veined and tails removed
1/4 cup of olive oil
1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp brown sugar
2 tsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes 
2 cups of whole wheat pasta


Combine the olive oil, cheese, garlic, brown sugar, soy sauce and red pepper flakes with a whisk.  Place the shrimp in a large zip lock bag.  Pour the mixture over the shrimp. Marinate for at least thirty minutes.  Toss it around every once in a while to make sure that the shrimp is coated.  


Prepare the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.  


Heat a large skillet over medium high heat.  Add the shrimp and cook until it's done.  Add the pasta to the skillet and toss well.  


Serving size 1 cup (makes about five)
Points plus 5


Serve with additional Parmesan and green onions, if you fancy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment