5/17/12

Nanny's Iced Brownies

Ya'll.  

I can't even handle how much I love these brownies.  It's not right.  I can't be left alone with them. 

They make me think irrational thoughts.  

Maybe I'll fire up that ice cream maker I've never used that make some homemade vanilla to go with these here brownies. 

Well, I'll just have brownies for breakfast. 

They're so small!  Four is an appropriate number to eat.  

None of these thoughts are OK.  In the least bit.  At all.  Ever.  

But the world needs brownies.  Sip and Sees need brownies.  These are the breaks.  I need to learn self control. 

That is all.  Amen. 

Make these brownies! 

P.S.  This recipe is Nanny's!  She talked me though how to make the icing correctly when my first batch failed miserably to the max.  If you see her anytime soon, hug her for this recipe.  


Nanny's Iced Brownies

1 family size box of brownie mix + required ingredients to make them
1 stick of butter
2 cups of sugar
1/2 cup of milk
1/4 cup of coco powder

Prepare the brownies according to the package direction.  Bake until just done...don't over cook!  I actually cooked mine for a few minutes less that was called for. Allow to cool.  

To make the icing, place the butter sugar, milk, and coco powder in a pan over medium high heat.  Might want to cut the butter up first.  

Allow the ingredients to come to a boil.  Reduce heat and simmer for about five minutes.  Remove from heat and stir until it gets thick.  Pour over brownies immediately.  Allow the icing to harden before cutting.  




No comments:

Post a Comment