6/28/12

Favorite Strawberry Pie

Freaking A, y'all, it is so hot here.  Summers in Mississippi are always hot but those first few days with 100 degree temps are always a shock to the system. In order to neutralize the shock, you should make yourself a strawberry pie.  Yes.  Yes you should.  Don't argue with me, just go do it.  For the record, I'm not the only one that loved it.  Here's the Baby Girl A enjoying her slice.  Looks a little mesmerized, huh? 
The food loving gene didn't skip this girl, that's for sure.  Perhaps we've got a food blogger in our future?  Perhaps.  

My mom made this on my recent visit home; my sister and I were thinking that we'd just pick up some tamales from Doe's, Peggy had a different plan.  And PTL she did because it included this pie.  

This glorious, wondrous, all is right in the world pie.  Make it and see for yourself!  And then invite me over for a slice.  Thanks mom for sharing!  And thanks, Lisa, for sharing with her!  I might have that mixed up, Lisa, you might not have had anything to do with this.  But something tells me that you did.....

Favorite Strawberry Pie


8 oz cream cheese
1 cup of powdered sugar
8 oz cool whip
2 cups of fresh strawberries, chopped up
1 shortbread pie crust (hunt for shortbread, it is clutch)


Mix the cream cheese and the sugar together with a mixer.  Add the cool whip and the strawberries, combine well by hand.  Pour into pie crust.  Chill for several hours.  Cut into 8 equal slices


Serving size 1 slice
Points plus 9


I wonder what this would be like with reduced fat cream cheese and light cool whip?  Hmmm.  Might be worth a shot.


Stay cool, y'all.  Brandon bought a sprinkler, you can come over and play in it if you'd like.  

3 comments:

  1. Looks delish- and you are probably right about Lisa. Most of my fave recipes have something to do with her! And, heck yeah on the sprinkler. We bought a slip n' slide last weekend for Hutch & Hazel and there is a slight chance that Jeremy & I had more fun on it that they did. Can't wait to make this- looks delish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my favorite dessert hands down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have made it with reduced fat cream cheese and light cool whip and it is still excellent!

    ReplyDelete