6/18/12

Quiltin' Stuff :: Part Two :: Cuttin' Stuff

Welcome back!  Let's trudge forward in our adventure to make warm and snuggly quilts.  Today we will focus on cuttin' stuff. 

Quilt designs are endless.  ENDLESS people.  They can be as wild or as tame as you like them.  Film in the Fridge is a great blog that has all kinds of examples; head on over there and check them out. 

Because I have no idea what I'm doing, I decided on a basic square patchwork quilt. I took each fat quarter and cut them into 5x5 squares.  This was, of course, after I washed and ironed each piece. I was able to get 12 squares out of each fat quarter.  Well almost.  I goofed up on one and only got like 8.  I'm still not sure how that happened but whatever.  Not dwelling.


Cutting stuff was fun for me.  Very zen.  Very one block at a time.  Very mindless.  It's something that can be done outside of the sewing room, so that's good. Sometimes I don't like to be holed up in that sewing room, especially if there's action going on in other parts of the house.  And by action, I mean Brandon watching TV.  That's about the extent of our action.  But I do so love being up under his feet, so that's that.  

So.  Go ye forth and cut stuff up.  




Did you miss out on Quiltin' Stuff Part One?  Worry not...click here!

    

No comments:

Post a Comment