6/12/12

Skinny Mint Ginny

OK before you go any further, visit this blog and check out Lucy's progress!  And no, I don't know who Lucy is but her story is so very powerful and she and her family could use all of the prayers and support they can get!  


OK, carry on.

************************************************************************

My kick - A husband is a lot of things included but not limited to: a student, a really good kitchen cleaner up-er, a curly headed cutie, and a master cocktail maker.  He's a master cocktail maker mainly because he tends bar at one of our local restaurants, but also because he seems to really enjoy the craft.  He loves to make a drink not necessarily to get someone loaded, but to be tasty and pretty and make them happy.  It's an art, that mixology.  

This weekend, I presented him with my desire to have a Mint Ginny.  I found it in the Delta Magazine cookbook and I just knew I had to try it.  It turned out crisp, refreshing, and lovely....such a treat on a warm evening.  


Could you die for that piece of mint skewered through that cucumber?  Love it.  


Skinny Mint Ginny
from Delta Magazine Cookbook

1 1/2 oz of good gin (I like Hendricks)
lemon-aid (sweetened with Splenda)
Sprite (or sprite zero)
1 slice of cucumber
1 sprig of mint

Place ice, gin, and lemon-aid in a shaker and shake.  It's more fun if you dance while you shake.  Strain it into a glass over ice.  Add a splash of Sprite*.  Take your slice of cucumber and cut a tiny slit with a sharp knife.  Place the mint through the slice and float it atop your drink. 

Makes one serving
Points plus 4

*You could obviously use diet sprite or sprite zero but I can't as I have an aversion to aspertame.  Gives me crazy headaches.  But it's probably a good thing as I'm pretty sure that stuff will kill you....

No comments:

Post a Comment