7/18/12

Baked Donuts

When I get something in my head, I can't get it out.  It's like I don't have obsessive thoughts now, but I might have obsessive thoughts as an older adult.  I'll probably require constant redirection and support.  

But for now, there not quite obsessive.  Just almost.  I see a recipe and this is what happens:

...donuts-wow-strawberry-donuts-icouldmakethose-they'reportionedperfectly-donuts-it'dbegreattomakethemforcompany-maybei'llwait-idon'tneedtoknowhowtomakedonutsrightnow-butdonuts-ohlooki'matthecookingschooltheyjusthappentohaveapan-donuts....

And that's how I would up making do-nuts on a Monday afternoon.  

You'll be glad though.  You'll be glad I got this do-nut pan.  I see good, good things happening with this donut pan.  Like how about a glazed cake do-nut?  Like the ones from Shipleys?  But with a friendlier points plus value?  

And yes.  I said glazed.  Here's one...hanging out in that glaze bath.  I want to hang out in a glaze bath 
Heeeeyyyy do-nut!  I <3 you!  

These could probably be considered empty calories but I really don't care.  Sometimes, you just need a cake plate full of donuts in your house! 
They make the perfect pre-zumba workout snack.  Or just a snack in general.  I'm not sure I'd trust them for breakfast.  I'm a ravenous beast in the morning...gotta have some protein!  

But for a snack?  

For sure.  That should happen.  
Baked Do-Nuts
adapted from Oh She Glows


1 cup of all purpose flour
1/2 cup of sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
a little less than 1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup of milk
1/2 tsp distilled vinegar (or apple cider)
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 egg (slightly beaten)
4 tbl butter (melted)


Icing:
1/4 cup of powdered sugar
1 tbl milk


Preheat the oven to 350.  Combine all of the dry ingredients. In a small sauce pan over low heat, combine the wet ingredients.  Heat until they are just warm to the touch.  Add to the dry ingredients.  Combine but don't over mix. 


Pour batter into a zip lock bag, cut one of the corners off.  Pipe the batter into nonstick do-nut pans.  Bake for about 12 minutes or until the do-nuts are springy to the touch.    


Place on a wire wrack to cool. 


To make the icing, combine the powdered sugar and the milk.  Place each do-nut in the icing and cover the top.  


Serving size 1 do-nut (makes 8)
Points plus 5

No comments:

Post a Comment