7/10/12

Buttermilk Blueberry Pancakes

I'm trying to get better at using what I have on hand when meal planning.  I feel like it leads to a reduction in grocery costs and clutter and an increase in overall emotional well-being.  


Do you have any idea how many times a week I write the sentence "an increase in overall emotional well-being."  A ton.  It's kind of my therapeutic goal for everyone all the time.  Doesn't an increase in overall emotional well-being sound nice?  


But I'm not here to talk about therapy.  I'm here to talk about pancakes.  Which are kind of the same thing.  


Ok.  Back to using what I have.  I had some leftover low-fat buttermilk up in the fridge leftover from the small skillet cornbread.  Knowing that pancake Saturday was quickly approaching, I did a quick search to find a recipe that uses buttermilk.    


Well.  I found one.  And it rocked.  Here you go!
Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes
adapted from Food Network


2 cups of all purpose flour
1/4 cup of sugar
2 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
1/4 cup of butter, melted
2 cups of low fat buttermilk
fresh blueberries


Sift all dry ingredients together in a large bowl.  In a smaller bowl, combine the eggs, butter, and buttermilk.  Add the the wet ingredients to the dry, stirring just until combined.  It will be lumpy and fluffy!  


Heat a skillet to medium heat*.  Spray with cooking spray.  Cook pancakes using 1/3 cup of batter at a time.  Sprinkle fresh bluberries atop the uncooked side of the pancake. Flip.  Cook until done. 


Serving size 2 pancakes (makes five servings / 10 pancakes)
Points plus 10


*Watch the heat on this one.  Since they are so fluffy, they cook fast!  I turned the heat down a little below medium.  BUT my oven is a little wonky, so you just do what suits your oven/life/fancy.  

1 comment:

  1. i had bacon pancakes yesterday, per pinterest. sooooo gooooood.

    ReplyDelete